Let’s face it: everybody googles everything these days. You don’t go to the library to find information for a school report anymore, don’t search in yellow pages for the local Asian restaurant, and don’t ask your dad how to hammer a nail: you just Google it.
Google offers tons of ways to represent your business on the platform. One of the most effective ways to show your store or cafe to the world is to set up a Google My Business Account.
Why your business needs it
Your own Google My Business Account has lots of benefits for you as a business owner. According to Google, it gives you these opportunities:
- Control your business information. You can manage everything about the business on your Google profile. Furthermore, including quick change of address, phone number, and working hours.
- Connect to your customers and receive feedback. Some customers will leave comments on your profile page. You will be able to answer their questions, solve conflicts, and thank them for the positive feedback there.
- Put your business on a Google map. It will be a part of your profile and an easy method for people to find your store or salon. Also, they will be able to check-in at your place and create bigger exposure for your business on social media.
How to set up a Google My Business Account?
So, let’s start step by step.
- Log into your business Google account. Moreover, if your company doesn't have one, it is the best time to create it.
- Go to business.google.com and enter the name of your business. Your company can appear on the list of suggestions, but make sure you choose the right place.
- Confirm your company’s name and select what type of business your company is. Click next to proceed.
Add the business address. If your company doesn't have a physical address, you can add the сity you reside in and your business mailing address. Click next.
Let your customers know if you can serve them only at the physical address of your business (if this is a hair salon or an art gallery), or you can serve them outside of the location (if you have a delivery service, for example). Additionally, you can add your service areas in the next step.
Enter your business phone number. If you’ve changed it recently or made a mistake while typing this number, you can fix it anytime.
Add your website’s URL. Furthermore, if you don’t have one, you can add your Facebook or Instagram business page. Don’t skip this step. Also, you need your customers to have the maximum approach to your business.
Verify your profile. You will have a couple of options here: you can do it via email, phone, postcard, bulk or instant verification. Addionally, choose the one you find the most convenient for you.
And that’s it! You now have a set profile in your Google My Business Account. Finally, good luck and make tons of sales!
For more assistance head to therealestateuno.com.