The whirlybird on several residential rooftops is a turbine vent that serves as a good ventilation system. This is in the shape of a cylindrical dome and is specially designed to dissipate the heat from the ceiling to allow a constant flow of air around the house. Every home requires a good ventilation system and installing a whirlybird on your roof is a good method ventilating your house. The way this works is that it consists of a semi-mechanical fin to spin the air. The spinning action of this component creates a vacuum to absorb the heat from the ceiling space. This effectively allows the cooler air to the entire roof. This article goes on to explain the benefits of installing one.
How to install roof whirlybirds
Whirlybird installation on your roof is the ideal method of ventilating your house and getting rid of the hot air trapped in the ceiling cavity. This type of ventilation system does not require an external power source; they are propelled by the breeze. Here are a few tips on how to install it:
- This product will come with instructions on how to install it making it easy for those who wish to attempt DIY installation.
- The first step of the installation process is to decide where to install the vent. The ideal place to install it is on the side and far from the entrance.
- The number of units you will need to install largely depends on the size of the house. For example, a house of 1 to 2 bedrooms will not need more than 2 units while a 3 to 4 bedroom house might need 3 to 4 units.
- Installing this on the roof means having to drill a hole to fix it. It is important to first check you do not cut through any important or active line.
- First clearly mark the area you plan to drill or saw and then only begin the process of installation.
- Cutting the specific area for the ventilator and installing it is not only the process. It is also important to use caulking to avoid rain or damaging the roof.
- It is necessary to take care of the holes that are created during installation to prevent any leakage during the rainy season.
Advantages of installing
- Installing whirlybirds will reduce the heat build-up on the roof.
- The hot summers in Australia can be quite harsh, which results in the ceilings getting hot and also heat radiating into the house.
- This is a big energy saver since it will keep your house comparatively cooler. The fact that it is free to run and works with the help of wind is an added advantage.
- It is the best solution to promote the circulation of fresh air.
- It also helps with the problem of roof dampness and mould problem.
Why call the experts to have whirlybirds fitted?
Sufficient ventilation is essential for every home to ensure good air quality. It is essential for the good health and well-being of your family. Bad house ventilation will also mean higher energy bills. Opting for whirlybirds is a cheap and effective solution. This is also a cost-effective solution. It is best to call the professionals to have a whirlybird installed on your roof since they can also help with roof repair if the need be. Whirlybirds are available in various colours like cream, grey, red, blue, etc. Call the professionals to install this type of ventilator to ensure your house remains cooler and you can enjoy greater comfort all year round with a reduction in greenhouse gases and lower energy costs.