The bathroom is considered many people’s favorite place. For many of us, it is the most peaceful retreat in the entire house and a few of us like to think of our bathrooms as inspiring places. If you’re on the lookout for budget bathroom renovation ideas in Melbourne, then read on. The first step would be to clean up the bathroom and analyze what really needs to be replaced and what you can keep with a little TLC. The next step is to think about your budget, on average a medium-sized bathroom renovation in Melbourne can cost between $5,000 to $15,000. But there are certain things you can do to give your bathroom a new lease of life in under $1,000. The following are a few ideas to help you manage budget bathroom renovations in Melbourne.
- Paint the Vanity: A sleek vanity can take your bathroom game to the next level. You don’t need to replace the entire bathroom vanity. Just pick a neural color like white or beige and give your vanity a fresh coat of paint. If your bathroom is white, then a black vanity can add a bit of extra oomph. For a white bathroom a matching freshly, painted vanity looks amazing too.
- Fitting and fixtures: if your fittings and fixtures are malfunctioning or have rusted, then you need to replace them. You can easily get a good deal online for faucets and lights if you do some thorough online research. Many vendors offer top quality products that are non-branded but still just as good.
- Flooring: The best bathroom flooring is vinyl tiles. They offer the best of both worlds i.e. aesthetics and price economy. Also, they’re quite easy to install as you will require minimal professional help so you’ll save up on the labor cost as well
- Painting or Wainscoting: a durable solution for your wall decor woes would be either paint or wainscoting. Paint is less durable than wainscotting as it can bubble up and begin peeling due to moisture after some time. This isn’t the case with the latter which also protects the bathroom walls from moisture damage for a long time and it also gives bathroom walls a chic look. Moreover, wainscotting is quite easy to install as well
- Retouch basins and bathtubs: Besides the toilet bowl the two of the most expensive bathroom fixtures are the basin and the bathtub. The best way to save money here is to either clean them. Don’t replace them. If cleaning doesn’t work then retouch them. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube that can give you very precise instructions on how to manage this.
- Accessories for Countertop styling and anchor accessories: Get a new set of accessories in a contrasting color for your vanity, try going for a glossy finish or whatever works with your bathroom interior. Also make sure you replace any old, dirty or rusted anchor accessories.
A bonus tip is do not remove or shift any major plumbing because that will keep your flooring and walls intact. Managing bathroom renovations on a budget in Melbourne is possible if you analyze thoroughly and plan effectively.